This blog is not for the faint at heart.
Recently I’ve been doing some research on global poverty and the orphan crisis, and I’ve come upon some scary facts. So here are some…just let these sink in.
1. Nearly half of the world’s population-almost 3 billion people-live on less than $2.50 a day.
2. 19 million children worldwide are unvaccinated.
3. One out of six children in developing countries are underweight (about 100 million)
4. 80 percent of the world’s stunted children live in just 20 countries.
5. There are nearly 153 million orphans in the world.
6. India has more orphans than any other country.
7. Every 15 seconds in Africa, another child becomes an “AIDS Orphan”
8. Every 2.2 seconds, another orphan ages out of the system with no family and no hope.
9. About half of the world’s population lives in risk of getting Malaria.
10. 780 million people don’t have access to clean water.
Now, I know you are probably wondering why I’ve posted this…maybe you don’t even care. But, writing this tears my heart apart, and I just felt the need to share some of these startling facts with you!