Well, with Thanksgiving around the corner I decided to focus in on some things I’m thankful for!
1. My Salvation in Jesus Christ! He is my Savior and I really don’t know what I would do without him!
2. My Mom! We’ve been through so much together! She’s always been a rock I can lean on.
3. School. Yes, I’m thankful for school, many people aren’t. I saw kids in Guatemala not going to school because they are caring for their family. I couldn’t imagine caring for a family at the age of 15, let alone younger.
4. My Best Friend! We might live in different states, but that doesn’t matter! She’s always been there for me, and I’m excited to go to Uganda with her!
5. My Family. They are crazy, and will admit it. There is always there when you need a good laugh though.
6. My Church. I would say I’m pretty lucky to have such a great church with a WONDERFUL student ministry. Not a lot of churches have this. I’m thankful for student ministry staff that takes us on camps, mission trips, and lets us come over to their house whenever!
7. Friends. They are there for a shoulder to cry on, or just to laugh at you. Either way, I have some of the most amazing friends!
8. Technology. Many people think this is a distraction for society. But, without technology I wouldn’t be able to Skype my best friend, call my family, text my friends, or even tweet what I’m doing!
9. My Country. I couldn’t imagine living in a third world country. Living off of less than a dollar a day. Or, not having clean drinking water. Not having the freedom as I do. When many complain about the upcoming election, I’m thanking God I live in a free country, with necessities at any access!
10. The Cross. I am thankful for a God who would send his son to die on the cross for me even though I’m unworthy of it!